Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Full Pink Moon

The sixth of April is the Full Pink Moon, or, also called The Little Frogs Croak Moon, which I think makes more sense, as the froggies have been croaking their little hearts out down by the creek every night.  What a beautiful spring song that is.

You may be wondering where Miss MoneyPenny is going with this one.  As it turns out (shock!!) Easter is next Sunday the eighth.  For me Easter is always all over the calendar, never having understood how the calendar people pick the date.  So now I'm gonna tell you because the guy from Seattle researched this and this is how the formula works:  Easter is the first Sunday after the first full moon after the Spring Equinox.  Whew!!  I wonder who thought this up, anyway.

Now that we have that out of the way, here is a picture of my shopping trip on Friday.  I stocked up on Tide (5 for $3.99), Starbucks coffee (4 for $6.49) and Colgate toothpaste (4 for $1.00/food bank.)  These prices are after the promotions and coupons.  I have very strange looking grocery carts.



You may remember that my parakeet Stevie Nicks has been terribly lonely so I brought home Eddie Vedder and they seem to be getting along very well.  Stevie is even letting Eddie play horsey with her, or maybe they are playing doctor.  You decide.  Stevie is the yellow bird.


Cruise fund update:

Old balance = $33.24

Costco/Amex Rebate = $130.00
Piggy bank change    =     64.50
Free coffee drink       =       4.50
Senior rate movie      =       1.00
Rebate check             =     25.79

New balance = $259.03

Now we are trying to decide if it is worth paying $500 to $700 more for a porthole.  Miss MoneyPenny has claustrophobia so this really is an issue.  I'll let you know how this works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment