Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sunglasses



It is so hard for Miss MoneyPenny to be a cool mom.  I drove up to my son's house the other day when it was so sunny and beautiful.  He took one look at me and told me "lose the clip-ons, Mom."  How embarrassing!!  I told him that I couldn't drive without my driving glasses and it was sunny, hence, the clip-ons, and that prescription sunglasses are expensive, and that I already have to keep track of several pair of glasses, as it is.  He just smirked at me.

So, where am I going with this one?  Right to the eye doctor, of course.  I want to look just like Jackie O, so when I called to inquire about the cost of new sunglasses, I was given the bad news.  These things are not cheap, as I had feared.  When I asked if there was a cash discount, she said it was 10%, which isn't wildly wonderful, but it is better than getting an icepick in the throat while you are falling down the stairs.  I stole that line from the guy from Seattle.  I hope I got it right.  It just cracks me up.

Anyway, I asked because I received a 5% cash rate discount at the dentist the other day when I paid my copay.  What I'm getting to here is, that this is something we need to think about when we are paying for services.  I don't think that it will work at QFC necessarily, but it seems to work in the medical profession.  It seems that small businesses hate credit card fees and would rather pass the savings on to us.  Worth checking out, don't you think?

Me?  I'm getting a quote locally and then making a decision after I've compared it to Costco (where I got the clip-ons) and see which one is the better deal.  I'm not in a big hurry.  After all, I do have the clip-ons and I've only gotten a year out of them.  I can't believe that he didn't notice before.  Nobody humbles you like your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment