Friday, April 27, 2012

Don't Call Me, I'll Call You

One day not too long ago, Miss MoneyPenny was home sick.  It was shocking to see how much the phone rings during the day.  I would just get wrapped in my blankey and heating pad when the phone would ring, over and over, all day.  I finally took it off the hook.

Now maybe you are interested in getting a lower interest rate on your credit card or want to take a survey, but I sure don't.  Also, on that particular day, I almost fell for a credit card scam before I realized what they were up to.  Beware of perky young ladies calling to tell you that the order that you just placed is fine and will arrive in a few days.  I called Chadwick's to tell them that they had a security problem but they were not too concerned.  Go figure.

For those of you who are sick of calls at dinner, go to DoNotCall.gov and register your phone number.  This is actually a site run by the feds (that is kind of a scary thought) and is free.  After 30 days, you should not get any more calls.  If you do, you can go to the site and register a complaint against the offender and they will immediately be slapped in irons and water boarded.  I just made that last part up.  I have no idea what will happen to them, but this should at least slow them down.

Retirement Countdown Update:

15 more working days

No comments:

Post a Comment