Saturday, April 7, 2012

Grocery Basket 4/7

Miss MoneyPenny was happy to see that QFC has a good sale going again this week, but I do have a couple of observations.  What is the deal with neither Safeway or QFC putting their eggs on sale?  Is this not Easter weekend?  Sheesh!!  Talk about mean spirited.

The other thing that I noticed is that QFC is selling fresh halibut for $16.99 a pound so jump on it.  I was kind of surprised because the world's best fish lady gave me all these reasons that it wouldn't be under $20 this year.  I'm not complaining here.

Here are the deals that I'm looking at:

Starbucks coffee - $6.99 (S/3/25 coupon for $1.50)
Tide - $4.99 when you buy 4 (S/3/11 coupon for $1.00 - I'm told that detergent is a good deal if you can get it for .10 an ounce)
Philadelphia Cream Cheese - $1
QFC butter - 3 for $5
QFC sour cream & cottage cheese - $1/16oz
Gold Medal flour - $2.50/5lb
Wild caught halibut - $16.99/lb
Asparagus - $1.38/lb
Driscoll's strawberries - 3 for $5
Green onions or radish bunch - .50/ea
Tomatoes on the vine - $1.99/lb
Yams or sweet potatoes - .99/lb



This morning when I got up it was 25 degrees.  The hummers were working hard trying to get at the frozen nectar, so I took some shots.  I'm thinking of taking a photography class up at the College when I'm retired, so maybe you will have better pictures, but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment