Friday, April 20, 2012

Grocery Basket 4/20

Now you know how music crazy Miss MoneyPenny is.  When I heard that Dick Clark died the other day it brought back some sweet memories of his show American Bandstand.  We only got NBC out of Roseburg on our antenna, but at the home of one of the older girls in the neighborhood they had a big fancy dancy antenna and could get ABC, although pretty fuzzy, so the older girls would all gather over at her house in the afternoon to watch the show.  They would let me watch sometimes if I could keep myself under control, which was hard because half the time I didn't know what the rules were going to be for that day.  As you can tell from this picture, this is where we learned to rat up our hair and use white lipstick.  All very cool, indeed. 

I learned how to do the Stomp, Mashed Potatoes and the Twist from watching this show which was out of Philly at the time.  The kids who danced were on the show every day and looked just like regular people.  We used to speculate about these couples and worry that they were having a fight if they were acting coldish to each other, which was hard to tell as they were also trying to be cool.  I had a crush on one of the guys and would watch for him, scheming on how I was going to get on the show and whisk him away from his girlfriend and dance with him.  I've always had a wild fantasy life.

Anyway, on to the QFC ad.  This week's sale has a few items that I'm looking at and here they are:

Herbal Essences Shampoo - $2.49ea (coupon PG/4 for $1 off 2)
Fuji or Jazz apples - $1.29/lb
Mangoes - $1/ea
Pears - $1/lb
Romaine & leaf lettuces - $1/ea
Red, orange, yellow peppers & English cukes - $1/ea
Strawberries - $1.49/ea

Cruise Fund Update:

Old balance =$691.03

                    +       1.45 (cash rate discount on dental copay)

New balance = $692.48

Miss SmartyPants and I are looking at Costco Travel for our cruise.  It is looking like they have the best deal and you know how I feel about Costco.  It is a little unsettling to think about everybody on that cruise being a card carrying member.  At least we will a conversation opener like: what is your favorite Costco item?

No comments:

Post a Comment