Thursday, May 24, 2012

QFC Grocery Basket 5/24

It's official!!  Miss MoneyPenny is retired from the 8 to 5 grind!!  I finally did it and now I'm running around in circles.  Normally I would get a load of laundry started tonight because the weekend has always been choreographed so that I could get everything done and have a little fun and rest too. Guess what?  I'm not doing laundry until I run out of clean underwear.  How's that for rebellion?

Anyway, enough of all this juvenile behavior.  We have to go shopping for groceries and these are the items that I'm looking at this week from QFC:

Silk Almond Milk - $2.99/64oz
Best Foods Mayonnaise - $2.99/30oz ($1 coupon RP/5/20)
Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce - $1 ($1 coupon off 4 S/5/20)
Nancy's Yogurt - $2/32oz
USDA Choice Boneless Ribeye Steak - $5.99/lb
Driscoll's Organic Strawberries - $3.99/lb
Green Beans - $1.99/lb
New Crop California Red Cherries - $4/99/lb

The mayonnaise with the coupon is a good stock up deal at $1.99, so I'm gonna stock up.  Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce is what I use for the famous pulled pork sandwiches on the 4th, so will buy four and pay 75 cents each.  I know the cherries aren't cheap, but I love 'em.  I'm buying a pound and I'm not sharing and doesn't a steak sound good for a Memorial Day cookout?  I generally cook enough to have leftover steak to put on top of a salad the next day.

Before I forget, I purchased a 35 pound bag of Kirkland brand premium dog food at Costco the other day.  I usually pay $29.99 for a 15 pound bag of premium dog food locally and at PetSmart.  The Kirkland brand that I bought is salmon and sweet potato, plus it is grain free.  It was priced at $33.55.  This seems like a screaming deal to me, but the jury is still out because the dogs have only been eating it for six days.  So far nobody is throwing up or itching and they like it.  I'll give it a couple of weeks before I relax and give it the MoneyPenny Seal of Approval.  I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment