Saturday, May 5, 2012

Costco Trip 05/05

Today was the last day of the current Costco coupons and there was some good ones that I wanted to use, so we headed out early.  Everything on my list had a coupon except for the bananas and the Mini Babybels.  I just love those things.  They really hit the spot when I need a little shot of something.

Several of these items will not have to be purchased for about a year, such as the 10 pack of family sized Kleenex, Palmolive, Resolve Spray 'n Wash, fish oil and vitamin C.  If you have the room, stock up.  I had my walk-in bathroom closet worked over so I could buy things at rock bottom and store them until needed.

Here is what my shopping trip looked like:


Probably the most spendy thing here for me is the Refresh Eye Drops, but the cheapest place to buy them is Costco, and when there is a coupon ($3) I stock up.  What would really be nice is if I didn't have dry allergic eyes, but it is what it is.  And, yeah, I'm on a Special K kick.

I had $29.50 in coupons, so my grand total was $137.29, including $10.28 sales tax.  I think that this was a good haul.  These are items that I use everyday and they will not be wasted, but I do have about 30 cans of a case of 48 V-8s that I bought last fall.  They are headed for the food bank because I really don't drink as much V-8 as I thought I did.  You have to be careful with Costco and it is my mission to figure out how best to shop there and I'm gonna share.

No comments:

Post a Comment