Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!!

Miss MoneyPenny had a great Mother's Day and hopes that if you are a mom, that you did also.  All we moms want is to be remembered and maybe have a steak grilled up for us, although it is nice to get presents.  Yesterday we headed down to Silverdale just for that at my son's house ( he wanted to go fishing today, I heard somebody slip), but that is fine with me, as long as I get remembered.

Speaking of presents, the guy from Seattle added to my charm bracelet and it is really blingy.  Who doesn't need a diamond encrusted flip flop on their bracelet?  This really gave me a big thrill.  Here it is on the right:


Enough of that.  Today we worked outside most of the day and got a lot done in the front flower beds.  The guy from Seattle takes great pride in his weeding and I'm all for that because I really hate to do it.  I'm quite happy that everything made it through the winter just fine. 

I don't know if this happens to you, but it does to me and my daughter-in-law, who is a master gardener.  We were discussing it yesterday when we were outside viewing her beautiful landscaping.  Why do perennials come up in different places than where you planted them is the question that boggles the mind.  Do they have big parties all winter under the dirt and forget where they live?  Let me know if you have the answer.

We also moved and worked over the big herb pots.  They were extremely root bound and should do well with new dirt.  We added two each of thyme and sage to the oregano and marjoram and moved them onto the corner of the deck so that we can run out and cut a few sprigs when needed.


The gerbara daisies are part of my Mother's Day presents and they are going on the front porch where I hope that I don't kill them.  I've not had good luck with them in the past, but they are so beautiful.  They may be too tender for our cold nights, even in summer.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Cruise Fund Update:

Old Balance = $695.23
                     
                     +       6.00 Filtrete Rebate

New Balance = $701.23

No comments:

Post a Comment