Thursday, May 17, 2012

Grocery Basket 5/17

QFC has a pretty decent ad this week.  They are still running the "Buy 10, Save $4" promotion and I will be taking advantage of that.  Be sure and load up your ecoupons from the QFC site and then print them out.  I never remember what I have otherwise and I'm always surprised when I see it on my receipt.

According to queenbeecoupons.com they are still running Seattle's Best Coffee at $6.49 after the promotion and there is a coupon for $1.50 in the 4/22/S insert, making it $4.99 each.  If you need coffee, that is a pretty good stock up price for the freezer, so I'll be looking for that one.

Here is what else I'm looking at:

Tide - $5.49 50oz (coupon 4/13 P&G $1)
Kroger Greek Yogurt - .80/ea
QFC Large Eggs - $1/dozen
Energizer Max Batteries - $2.99 (coupon 5/6/S $1.25)
Geraniums - 4 for $10
Pork Shoulder Roast - $1.49 (think 4th of July BBQ pork sandwiches)
English Cukes & Colored Peppers - $1/ea
Whole or sliced mushrooms - $2/8oz
Personal Watermelon - $2.50/ea
Tomatoes on the Vine - .99/lb

I'm going for the geraniums this weekend and getting them in the deck pots.  Sure as shootin', the weather will cool down, but I can't stand it any more.  And I'm planting my first row of green beans.  Talk about living dangerously, but I'm holding off on the hanging begonia basket until I'm sure that the freezes are done.

Retirement Update:

6 more alarm getups!!

I've been acting like a kid on too much sugar lately.  Definitely reminds me of the couple weeks before I graduated from High School.  I feel like I need my old high school buddy Linda here, so we can drag the gut and listen to songs like "Light My Fire" and "Live for Today."

No comments:

Post a Comment