Wednesday, March 6, 2013

QFC Grocery Basket 3/6



What a good idea!!  My buddy, Miss MaggieMae, posted this on Facebook and I think that it is brilliant.  What you do is fill a jar with plain vinegar, add orange peels, put the lid on, and let it sit for two weeks.  Then you strain it and fill a clean spray bottle and you are ready to go with a very effective and safe all- purpose cleaner.  Probably could even use it on your salad.  This from the folks at DIY.

This morning I was standing at the kitchen sink while washing up the breakfast dishes and thought that it doesn't get any better than this.  On display, right out the kitchen window, were a couple dozen busy birds working over the feeding station.  In that snapshot there were finches, juncos, house sparrows, chickadees, and for the last week, nuthatches.  There were a couple of hummers working their feeder, too.

I really appreciate their attendance because for the first couple of years after I moved here, I didn't even have crows.  I really didn't know what to think about that.  I put up feeders for them and a bird bath, just like in my old place, where I had gobs of birds.  But they didn't come.  Then, slowly, they found me.  Now they don't even move when Pici drinks out of their bath.  They know that they have found bird heaven here on earth.

Okay, let's take a look at the ad for this week.  QFC has a pretty decent ad, plus, they are running a three day mini ad within it, Friday through Sunday.  They are also doing a cereal promo where you buy four boxes of the featured brands and you get a free gallon of milk, so dig out your coupons for your favorite cereal and stock up.

Here are my picks:

Spice Islands Spices - 33% off (not great but if you need something)
Del Monte/S&W Canned Tomatoes - $1/ea
Tide Laundry Detergent - $4.99/50oz ($3 off 3 coupon in March PG insert)
Coffee-Mate Creamer - $2.79/qt ($1.10 off 2 coupon RP/1/27)
Fage Greek Yogurt - $1/ea
Draper Valley Whole Chicken - $ .88/lb (stockup price)
Lean Ground Beef - $2.66/lb
USDA Choice Flank Steak - $4.99/lb
Fresh Rockfish Fillets - $5.99/lb
Haas Avocados - $ .88/ea
Cara Cara Navels - $1.99/lb (peels for the vinegar)
Carpinito's Bark or Soil - $2.50/1 - 2 cubic feet

3 Day Mini Sale:

Dave's Killer Bread - $3.99/loaf
QFC butter - $1.88/lb
Tomatoes on the Vine - $1.48/lb
Tully's Coffee - $5.99/12oz

Passport Update:

After at least three trips up to the courthouse and several dollars later, I have finally been approved for a passport.  I should receive it in four to six weeks and when I do, I will do a post on how to do it in Jefferson County, Washington, anyway, so you won't have to run all over hell and gone like I did.



No comments:

Post a Comment