Wednesday, November 7, 2012

QFC Grocery Basket 11/7

 
There I was, innocent as could be, in my own bathroom, when I spotted this guy giving me the eye.  He was on the floor in my walk-in closet and I was surprised at how big this handsome black house spider was.  I'm not really fond of spiders, not like with snakes where I'm crazy, but I don't kill them. 
 
I used to take them outside, carefully housed in Kleenex, but I've since learned that they will die outside since they are house spiders.  I left this guy alone but, of course, he was in the bathtub this morning, so I moved him over to the cat's water dish, thinking that he is thirsty.  Who knows??  Maybe he wants to commit suicide by swirling down the drain but he ain't gonna do it when I'm in the shower.
 
I stopped off at Port Hadlock Yarns today to pick up the free pattern and yarn to make a knitted watchman hat for the Homeless Teen Effort that Dale and Cindy are hosting.  I was going to buy my yarn but they do have a lot of nice yarn that they are donating to the cause, so I picked a very quiet dark gray and black skein.  I'll take a picture before I take it back up to PH Yarns.  The pattern is very simple and a new knitter could handle it.
 
Let's go shopping!!  QFC is still running their Buy 5, Save $2.50 promotion and there are tons of items on this that are not in the ad.  This is also a good time to buy for the food bank while you are at it.  I always have the checker bag the food bank items separately and just walk them over to the bin.  Easy peasy.
 
Orowheat Bread - $2.49/loaf Promo
Starbucks Coffee - $6.99/12 oz (coupon for $3 off 2 bags S/10/7)
Green Giant Canned Vegetables - $ .49/ea (stockup price & food bank) Promo
Swanson Broth - $ .49/14.5oz (coupon for $ .40 off 5 S/11/4) Promo
Oikos Greek Yogurt - $1/5.3oz
Fage Greek Yogurt - $1/5-7oz
International Delight - $2.99/32oz Promo
Land O Lakes Butter - $2.49/lb Promo
Tillamook Cheese - $4.99/2lb Promo
USDA Boneless Chuck Roast - BOGO
Fresh Rockfish fillets - $5.99/lb
Pears - $1.29/lb
Honeycrisp Apples - $1.68/lb
Tomatoes on the Vine - $1.99/lb
Yellow/Zucchini Squash - $ .99/lb
Nature Made Vitamins - BOGO
Kleenex - $ .99/ea Promo
 
I mentioned in my last post that when we cleaned out the blackberries we found a wrought iron birdfeeder stand that I hadn't seen in years.  My sister, Miss SmartyPants, gave it to me when I moved in to my new house in 1995, but the ground was so hard we bent it trying to get it staked.  The ground is still bedrock about a foot down so I clasped it to the deck for stability.  Here it is with my two ceramic feeders.  Now, I'm waiting for the birds to notice it.
 


1 comment:

  1. OH!! I remember the day that we couldn't put it in the ground and then your favorite ex husband came over with his brother and entertained us by finding the only inch square spot in the ground where it would sink past the 2 inch bedrock!! We used to call your backyard the La Brea Tar Pits! 17 years ago... REALLY???

    Concerning spiders..... If they are brave enough to venture into my house, they have signed their death sentence! Enough said!

    ReplyDelete