Saturday, November 10, 2012

Costco Coupons 11/8 - 11/25

 




Today is USMC day and it is appropriate because today is also my dad's birthday and he was a Marine in WWII.  Dad was barely out of high school when he went to war in the South Pacific.  He kept his war stories to himself until Tom Brokaw wrote a book on the Greatest Generation and then he opened up.  I was stunned by his stories.  I knew he had a pilot's license but had no idea of how he used it in the war.  I thought Marines were on the ground.  Happy Birthday, Bubby.  He would have been 88.  I was very proud of him.


If you want a really detailed account of the Costco coupons, head on over to Heather's site at QueenBee Coupons.  That girl does a good job on her blog and I check her out daily.  She covers almost everything that a young family could need and is very personable.

There are some standouts this time which include the Kitchenaid Mixer and 6 quart stainless steel Crockpot, just in time for holiday baking and slow cooked stews.  My son, the plumber, got me a red Kitchenaid for my birthday a few years ago and it always lives on my counter.  A thing of beauty.

Here is my take on the coupons:

Swanson Chicken Broth - $2.30 limit 4
Spray 'n Wash - $3 - limit 5
FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing System - $30
6 Qt Stainless Steel CrockPot - $10
KitchenAid Pro Mixer - $50
Starbucks French Roast Whole Beans - $5 limit 5
Neutrogena Rainbath - $4 - limit 2

I mentioned in an early post that I had joined Sock Club at Port Hadlock Yarns and this is what I've been carrying my knitting back and forth in:


Well, my birthday is coming up and I always buy myself good presents so I picked up this little cutie from Madbird for $20:


I love this bag!!  It has a flat bottom so it sits nicely.  It is holding everything that I use to knit socks, including the current project.  The girls at Sock Club are gonna be impressed.


 

1 comment: