Thursday, November 22, 2012

Black Friday in Port Hadlock

Now you know that Miss MoneyPenny doesn't do Black Friday.  Miss Maggie May and I decided to experience it one year at the mall in Silverdale.  Never again.  I've seen better behaved people in kindergarten.  Anyway, shopping Cyber Monday is much more civilized.

Miss MoneyPenny prefers to meet up with a friend on that day for lunch and a movie.  This year Miss KnowItAll and I are heading out to see Skyfall.  I love the new James Bond and have been eagerly anticipating it.  I don't know that I can say the same for KnowItAll but she is a good sport and has endured several of them with me.  A true friend, indeed.

Before I head out for baby holding and Thanksgiving dinner, I wanted to tell you that Port Hadlock Yarns is having a sale for Black Friday.  It runs from 9 to 5, with beverages and treats, and 30% off selected years.  I'm gonna drop by and see if that expensive sock yarn I've been looking at is on sale.

Also, don't throw away that turkey carcass.  Make broth.  If you don't have the time or energy, and I can relate, wrap it up and freeze it until you do have time.  I know!!  Sounds strange, doesn't it??  I can't remember who does this but I suspect my sister.  I had a Costco chicken carcass that I put in the crockpot last night and woke up this morning to amazingly beautiful broth.  I'll share the pictures later but I gotta get out of here and on the road.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment