Wednesday, February 27, 2013

QFC Grocery Basket 2/27


Miss MoneyPenny is getting real nervous about the upcoming surgery tomorrow, so she thought a picture of this little beauty, her great-granddaughter, was in order to get her calmed down.  This will be her first Easter and we are all looking forward to it.  Easter is a big deal in our family because we have the famous Easter Egg Hunt and it is a cut-throat deal for adults.  I'm a little concerned because my son, the plumber, has been doing some serious earth-moving at his house and has taken down that hillside where a lot of Easter eggs are usually hidden.
Doing a little yard work at my place

But it sure will be easier to get in and out.  Before you had to back down that road to leave and, yes, that is a ravine on the right, which I've come pretty close to, hence the fence.  I'm sure the big plumbing supply trucks will be happy, too.

Okay, let's look at the QFC ad for this week.  This is a pretty good ad, meaning that there is a lot of "real" food on sale.  I'm really looking forward to the asparagus.  Here are my picks:
Orowheat Bread - $2.99/loaf
Rosarita Refried Beans - $1/16oz
S&W, Del Monte Canned Tomatoes - $1/15.25oz (what?? they can't fill it to 16 ounces?)
Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt - $1/5.3oz ($ .50/3 coupon 1/27/S)
Tillamook Ice Cream - $3.33/56oz
Angus New York Steaks - $5.99/lb
Lean Ground Beef - $2.66/lb
Frozen Turkey Breast - $1.49/lb
Wild Dover Sole, Fresh - $5.99/lb
Asparagus - $1.88/lb
Fuji Apples - $1/lb
Large Navel Oranges - $ .99/lb
Medium Hass Avocados - $ .88/ea
Strawberries - $2.50/lb
Texas Red Grapefruit - $1/ea
Fresh Cut Tulips - $3.33/5 stem bunch
Primroses - $1/ea
Chapstick Lip Balm - $1/ea ($1/2 coupon 1/27/RP)

I will keep you posted on how it goes with getting carpal tunnel surgery done on both hands at the same time.  Dr. Wicks assures me that this is the way to go and that I will be able to use my hands.  If not, I'm going to be real irritated with him, but it will be too late, won't it??

Cruise Fund Update:

Old Balance     =      $735.72

                        +           6.75 (Amazon sale)

New Balance   =      $742.47

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH!! What a cutiepie great-granddaughter!! I can't wait to see her!

    ReplyDelete