Saturday, February 16, 2013

Restaurant Review : Doc's Marina Grill in Port Townsend





I've been going to tell you about Doc's Marina Grill for sometime, but I keep getting sidetracked by other things.  So here goes.  Doc's opened their door on June 15th of last year and they are located out on the tippy tip of Point Hudson in Port Townsend.  They are locally owned with a sister restaurant on Bainbridge Island.  Their main focus is the locals, but they do a brisk business during the summer with the tourists.

I first started dining there last summer with Miss MaggieMay who is a demon when it comes to ferreting out good places to eat.  We ate out on the deck in the summer as long as it wasn't raining, although I do remember a day when the rain was spitting at us.  Here is the deck:


I've eaten in the bar:


And the dining room:


And you can't beat the view, summer or winter:


Now the food.  I've had the fish & chips, pastas, Cesar Salad, burger, and my favorite, the BLTC.  What is a BLTC you ask??  Bacon, lettuce, tomato, and cheese, of course, all grilled on sour dough bread, served with the world's best fries.  No crappy looking lettuce or American cheese here.  I haven't had dinner, just lunches, but I have always been impressed with the high quality of their food.  I'm told that their seafood is the best and I dearly wish I could try it, but I'm allergic.

So, if you are looking for a good restaurant, with great service, very good Northwest cuisine, and a great view, this is your place.  Prices are in the normal range for this type of restaurant, which means not cheap, but a good value.  The Val-Pak coupons that come in your mail box often have a coupon for half off at Doc's.  You will also score coupons if you sign up for their email list.

I forgot to mention that their portions are so generous that you and a friend could easily share, maybe with a side salad, or their delicious cole slaw.  There is one hang up and that is the price of dessert.  The desserts are fabulous and huge, but really pricey.  That's okay.  I don't need dessert, anyway, but if I did....that chocolate cake is killer.



2 comments:

  1. Great! You can BUY my lunch next time I'm visiting!

    ReplyDelete