Wednesday, December 5, 2012

QFC Grocery Basket 12/5

                                                 http://qfc.cntk.mywebgrocer.com/circular/231/items/lg300_C_15034307_20_91fe6adf419c.jpg


Miss MoneyPenny learned something today.  When you pull a 35 pound bag of dog food out of the back of your CR-V and you drop it - don't try to catch it.  Luckily it was time for my monthly chiropractor visit so I crawled in to see Dr. Calah and she worked her magic on me, so I was able to actually stand upright.  I still have to turn my whole body to turn my neck but I'm on the mend and after a couple more visits I'll be like new.  Lesson learned.  Dog food doesn' get hurt if you drop it.

Anyway, on to the QFC ad.  It is not a bad sale this week, but even the sale prices cause me to catch my breath these days.  Having said that, check out this 5 quart Crock-Pot for $19.99 which is a pretty good price.  I bought my first crockpot with S&H green stamps in 1974 and used the heck out of it.  It was the old kind and the crock was not a separate piece, so washing up was a challenge.  They've come a long way, baby, since then.

Here are my picks for this week:

C&H Granulated Sugar - $3.50/4lb
Gold Medal Flour - $2.50/5lb
Spice Islands Spices - 50% off
Silk Pure Almond milk - $2.79/64oz
Tully's Coffee - $5.99/12oz or 12/ct
Simple Truth Organic Broth - 3/$5/32oz (we make our own but if you run out)
QFC Butter - $2.29/lb
International Delight Coffee Creamer - $2.79/32oz
New York Strip Steaks - $5.99/lb
Draper Whole Chicken - $ .89/lb
Russet Baking Potatoes - $ .50/lb
Broccoli or Cauliflower - $ .99/lb
Fuji Apples - $ .99/lb
Navel Oranges - $ .99/lb
Hass Avocados - $ .99/ea
Roma Tomatoes - $ .99/lb

I'm going to take advantage of the sale on whole chickens this week.  I have one left from the freezer and I have it thawing in the fridge.  I'm gonna cook it in the crockpot.  Stay tuned for pictures.

Amaryllis Update:

 

As you can see things are not looking too good for this kid.  After spending about six weeks in the bathroom cabinet, I took it out and gave it a trim and a good jolt of Miracle Gro.  If I don't see signs of life, out it goes to live again in the compost.  I have this little beauty handy and will be potting it up soon.  You can't have too many amaryllises (sp??) around in the dreary winter, can you??


No comments:

Post a Comment