Monday, December 10, 2012

Miss MoneyPenny Seal of Approval List 2012


Okay, here it is.  The famous MoneyPenny Seal of Approval list for 2012.  As I look at this, it occurs to me that it is hard to get on this list.  The standards are rigorous and the MoneyPenny Research Team are a tough bunch of skeptics.  Having said that, I also noticed that Miss MoneyPenny is shameless when it comes to cute guys, since there are two on the list.  In my defense, these two guys earned their place fair and square.

I also want to mention that there are two additions to the list, both from Costco.  They are the above pictured Kirkland Signature 100% Colombian Coffee (with my coffee canister that I bought at Starbucks in Seattle in 1995) and the Kirkland Signature Brand Nature's Domain Dog Food.

The coffee is a very fine ground, dark roast coffee that turned out to be very good, with no bitterness.  The cost is great too, coming in at $9.99 for 3 pounds.  I really like the full bodied flavor that doesn't get overwhelmed with the addition of my beloved Coffee-Mate.

I wrote in an earlier post last summer that I was giving the dog food some time before I gave the Seal.  I feed my doggies the "salmon and sweet potato" recipe and it has really worked out to my satisfaction.  The only drawback is the 35 pound bag.  If you drop it, don't try to catch it.  Just sayin'.
The price on this bag last week was $33.69, which is a screaming deal.

Enough said.  Here is the list:

Subway
AAA
Shane, the world's cutest handyman
Mr. CutiePie - my fresh salmon & halibut connection
A gorgeous front yard in France:

                                       

Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
Electrolux Stick Vac
Pleasant Hill Farm Coffee - 5 pound bag
Kirkland Signature 100% Colombian Coffee - 3 pound can
Kirkland Signature Brand Nature's Domain Dog Food - 35 pound bag
Hose Connectors:

                                     

Prime Rib Update:

It is only two weeks until Christmas Eve!! so I've got prime rib roast on the brain.  I checked the price at Costco when I was there on Saturday and it was $9.99 per pound.  The roasts were beautiful and they even had some that were smaller so you don't have to worry about going broke buying one.  I saw a couple in the $60 range.

I talked to the butcher today at QFC and he said that their prime ribs are $7.99 per pound until at least Christmas, and it is best to pre-order.  I'm gonna wait until the week before to order, as he also said the price could go down.

I will post my slightly updated technique for cooking prime rib soon.

Kitchenaid Dish Drainer Update:

Costco had a coupon for $5 off the Kitchenaid Drainers this time and I could really use a new one.  This drainer is really too big and too hi-tech for my needs, so am passing it by, but will be on the lookout for a new Rubbermaid model.  Here it is:

                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment