Tuesday, October 2, 2012

QFC Grocery Basket 10/3


My red maple is certainly living up to its name.  My son the plumber got this beautiful tree for my birthday in 1995.  It was just a twig in a pot and I certainly never thought that it would grow to be this fabulous tree.  The fence is six feet, so that gives you an idea of how tall it is.  I've had the guy from Seattle raking leaves like mad.  My plan is to get several containers full and feed them in to the compost over the winter.

Speaking of winter, the heat pump was installed yesterday and I am thrilled with it.  I'll get my papers together and give you the low down on how I worked that deal very soon.

But we have to feed the troops and that means we gotta go shopping.  I think that I mentioned earlier in the summer that I heard that meat prices were gonna hit the roof and I'm seeing that.  New York and Ribeye steaks are on sale this week for $10.99 a pound, when the regular price at the beginning of summer was $7.99 a pound, and sale prices at $5.99.  I think that these prices are here to stay for a while because ranchers are selling off their herds due to the drought and high corn prices.

On a happier note, QFC is still running their Buy 2, Save $2 promo and the P&G insert that came on Sunday has some good coupons to match up with the sale.  Here are the highlights from the ad:

Yoplait Greek Yogurt - $1/ea (coupon $ .50 off 2, SS/9/9)
Oikos Greek Yogurt - $1/ea
Fage Greek Yogurt - $1/ea
Darigold Butter - $2.99/lb
Draper Valley Whole Chicken - $ .88/lb
Fresh Wild Rockfish - $5.99/lb
Special K - $2.69/12-18 oz (coupon RP/9/16 for $1 off 3)
Tide - $4.99/50 oz/30 load (promo-coupon Oct P&G/$1 & SS/9/9 $ 50/1)
Franz Bread - $2.50/loaf
Starbucks Coffee - $7.99/12 oz (coupon for $1.50 SS/9/9)
Gala Apples - $ .88/lb
Pears - $ .88/lb
Tomatoes on the Vine - $1.49/lb
English Cukes - $1/ea
Jumbo Kiwis - 3/$1
Hass Avocados - $ .99/ea
Nature Made Vitamins - BOGO

QFC is also running a promo on Halloween candy (already??) - buy $20 Hershey's candies, Save $5 at Checkout.  Maybe you can buy Halloween candy ahead, but I sure can't.  Even with candy I don't particularly like.  I'll eat it.

Coupon Reminders:

October is Car Care Month, so dig out that $30 coupon in the AAA magazine (Journey Western) and get that work done on your car before winter driving.  The coupon says for AAA Approved Auto Repair Shops but my local guy, Ben of Satch Works, said that he would be happy to honor the coupon.  The coupon does not cover oil changes but everything else, from hoses and belts to brake jobs.  The coupon can be found on page 36 of the Sept/Oct magazine.

If you took advantage of the LL Bean promotion and have a $10 coupon, you have until October 29th to use it.  Somehow I've ended up with two of them and I can't see where it says one per household, so I will try two transactions and see how that works.  I think they gave me an extra one when I called in an order for the guy from Seattle and at the same time gave them my new address because he got one also.  No problemo.  I'll have no trouble spending it.  You can count on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment