Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Full Harvest Moon


Last night Miss MoneyPenny was watching her beloved Mariners get shellacked by the Flippin' As when she kept hearing that ingrate game caller referring to last night's moon as the Full Harvest Moon.  Not!!  Tonight is -  and I'm hoping for haze so it will be all big and yellow like it is supposed to be.  Miss MoneyPenny is your dependable source on all things full moon.  I do have the Farmer's Almanac Gardening Calendar after all and for some crazy reason, I find it fascinating.

You are probably wondering who the guy in the picture is.  Well, this is the guy that has been making me crazy for years.  I cannot begin to tell you the number of people who have sung "Sherry Baby" to me, but I still like this guy and he is still going strong at 78, and looks pretty good, too.

Frankie Vallie and The Four Seasons were Jersey boys and most of them learned music in jail.  Who knew??  The Four Seasons were a huge band in the 60s, with hits like the above mentioned and "Walk Like a Man", "I Love You Baby" and "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You" and many more.  Frankie also appeared several times in The Sopranos as mobster Rusty Millio, in case you were wondering who that was.  He is still performing and recording and doing Broadway.  Below is a sample of what a heartthrob he used to be:


 
Coupon Reminder:
 
The Subway Buy One 6" Sub, Get One Free is going to expire tomorrow, the 30th.  It can be found on the back page of the August 26th Red Plum insert.  We used this on Thursday and it worked like a dream.  I love Subway.  You can't beat it for a good, made to order sandwich.  They do it right in front of you, so you know exactly what is going into it.  Subway gets the much sought after MoneyPenny Seal of Approval.  Now that I think of it, I might put together a list of the lucky, but deserving winners of of the Approval Seal.  That should be fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment