Monday, September 17, 2012

Weekend Recap 9/17


Now you know how much Miss MoneyPenny loves Sol Duc and you can see why.  This is cabin 118, complete with swing.  Miss KnowItAll and I usually take the waters the weekend after Labor Day, but this year we decided to go a week later as it has been too hot the last couple of years.  It is much more pleasant to take the warm waters when it is cooler.  Hot plus Hot equals grumpy and steamy ladies.  Anyway, we hit the jackpot this year because it was beautiful and sunny but crisp.  Perfect.

Here are a couple of views from our cabin:


This one looks much more impressive in person but you get the idea of the sun setting on the tippy top of the mountains:


As far as I'm concerned, this place is pure magic.  The beds have really been upscaled, with down comforters, no less, the food at the lodge is top notch, and the people that work there are very nice.  And some of them are quite handsome, like this very sweet young man who let me take his picture.  What was he gonna do?? so he just smiled for the camera:


The guy from Seattle rode herd on the homestead while I was away and everybody survived.  Anyway, I think that he is coming back to see me.  He did look a little frazzled when he left this morning, though.

After the guy from Air Flo left this morning (yes, I am getting a heat pump - I'll go into the details later) I took a stroll around the gardens and checked everything out.  It is amazing how much everything changes in the garden at this time of year, just since Friday morning.  I did some harvesting and this is what the garden gave me this week:

1 itty bitty red hot pepper
1 quart blackberries
1 cup strawberries (from the strawberry pot)
1 pint Sungolds
4 big cucumbers
3 pounds green beans
2 zucchinis
1 Walla Walla Sweet onion

Sometimes I feel like I'm getting away with something when I can get my fruit and vegetables from the backyard and not have to go to the store.  I'm sad to say that my salmon catching neighbor moved this weekend, so that is the end of the fresh salmon.  I did notice that his apple trees are ready so I'm going to pick up the windfalls and make applesauce for the freezer.  They really make the best applesauce, in my opinion.

The Mariners are winding down and the Seahawks are coming on strong.  When baseball season comes, I call up the Dish people and update my package so we can watch the boys.  This costs me $50 per month, but they are worth it.  When they play their last game, I'll call up the Dish and have them put me back on the basic package which is $24.95.  Speaking of the Dish, I won't even go into the great time that the guy from Seattle had with the remote while I was gone, but we finally did get it working again so that we could watch the Seahawks.  Who won!! over Dallas.  Great game.

Cruise Fund Update:

Old Balance = $581.31

                     +    29.99 (Amazon sale)

New Balance = $611.30




1 comment:

  1. Sounds decadent. SO glad you had a great weekend and perfect weather, too. :)

    ReplyDelete