Wednesday, September 12, 2012

QFC Grocery Basket 9/12

The grocery flyer saga continues, starring Miss MoneyPenny.  What does a girl have to do to get the darn things, anyway??  I'm sure it is a conspiracy.  I even closed my post office box and put up a mail box.  I have noticed that my neighbor, Tina, always gets her flyers on Tuesday so I thought it would be a slam dunk for me.  NOT!!  Yesterday I went over to to Tina's and borrowed hers so that I could post the deals for you.  Sheesh!!

QFC has a great ad this week and they are continuing the Buy 10, Get $5 promotion.  How long is that thing going to last anyway??  If you are planning on working the Kraft deal, best get on it as the deadline is the 15th.  Here is the LONG list of deals:

Red & Green Grapes - $ .99/lb
Roma Tomatoes - $ .99/lb
Broccoli/Cauli - $ .99/lb
Hass Avocados - $ .99/ea
Local Sweet Corn - $ .44/ea
Eggplant - $1.50/ea --I'm thinking ratatouille (sp?)
Local Organic Peaches - $1.99/lb
Ribeye Steaks - $5.99/lb
Fresh Dover Sole - $5.99/lb
Wild Fresh King Salmon - $9.99/lb
Coffee Mate - $2.49/32 oz (promo)
Gevalia Coffee - $5.49/12 oz (promo)
Nalley Chili - $1/ea (think food bank)
Spice Island Spices - 50% off
Silk Almond Milk - $2.99/64 oz
Nancy's Yogurt - $2/32 oz

I noticed in the ad that QFC is offering flu shots again.  When did it become flu time again??  That was fast.  When I turned 60 I started getting a flu shot because I figured that I wouldn't survive the flu like I got it last time.  The first time I got the shot, I felt like I had a low grade flu for about six weeks but that hasn't happened since.  I usually get mine at the walk-in clinic.  I go during the middle of the day during the week and never have to wait.

Today is my sister Miss SmartyPants's 60th birthday and she is going to celebrate it by taking three of her grandchildren out to dinner and a movie.  She is an exceptional granny.  Then, instead of coming up here for Sol Duc, she is meeting her friends for a week of backpacking in The Three Sisters area.  I have to say that neither of these birthday celebrations would thrill me.  I could handle the dinner and a movie but would be whining and complaining all the way on the backpacking trip.  And looking for snakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment