Wednesday, September 26, 2012

QFC Grocery Basket 9/26


Andy Williams was not really a "cool" guy back in the 60s but we still liked his songs, even if we didn't admit it publicly.  And we watched his Christmas Show.  As I look at his picture now, I realize that I never noticed what a handsome guy he was.  Andy was 84 and died after a year long battle with cancer.  Thanks for the memories.

Enough of the weepy stuff.  Let's go shopping.  QFC is running the Buy 2, Save 2 promotion this week.  The ad pictures only Tide and Downy but I have a hunch that it includes the Proctor & Gamble line in its entirety.  From the sneak preview of this coming Sunday's inserts, it looks like the P&G insert will have the best coupons.  I'm not totally sure about this, but I'm gonna wait until then to pair the coupons with the promotion for the best deal. 

Here are this week's highlights:

Franz Bread - $2.50/ea
Starbucks Coffee - $7.99/12 oz or 10/K-Cups (coupon for $1.50 off S/9/9)
Special K Cereal - $2.69/ea (coupon for $1 off 3 RP/9/16)
Fage Greek Yogurt - $1/5-7 oz
Kroger Cream Cheese - $1/8 oz
QFC Butter - $2.50/lb
QFC Cottage Cheese/Sour Cream - $1/16 oz
Nature's Way Supplements - BOGO
Fresh Wild Alaska Coho Fillets - $8.99/lb
Asparagus - $2.99/lb
Bartlett Pears - $ .99/lb
Broccoli/Cauliflower - $ .99/lb
Hass Avocados - $ .99/ea
Honeycrisp Apples - $1.88/lb
Navel Oranges - $ .99/lb
Sweet Corn - $ .44/ea
Hardy Fall Mums - $9.99/10 inch pot (get the one with the most buds)

Baby Update:

My granddaughter has been laboring since Monday afternoon and I want her to let loose of that baby so I can hold it.  Will keep you posted.

Also, in 2000 I hosted a lovely 16 year old foreign exchange student from Albania.  I'm not exaggerating when I say that she took Chimacum High School by storm.  She and I have remained close through the years after she moved to New York City.  She called on Sunday to let me know of the birth of her second child, a little girl to join big brother Ivan, who is putting his mother through the terrible twos.  She and her handsome husband just bought a house out in the suburbs of Long Island and were moving when she went into labor.  One hour later, baby was born.  That is how you do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment