Wednesday, September 19, 2012

QFC Grocery Basket 9/19


Ah, yes.  I remember her well.  I think that Twiggy did more to fuel the diet revolution than all the carbs in the world.  Who could possibly be as cute and THIN as she was??  Wasn't going to happen for me and 99.9% of the rest of the teenagers in the 60s.  One day you look in the mirror and think that you look pretty good.  The next day, after you see Twiggy, it is cottage cheese, peaches and Rye Crisp forever.  Happy Birthday, you skinny little life wrecker.

It is beginning to feel so fall like around here.  I just love it!!  This morning when I got up at 6:30 we were socked in with fog and it was chilly.  The hazy sun burned through around noon but the temperatures have dropped noticeably.  Where am I going with this!!  My fingers are itching to do some knitting is where.  It always happens in the fall, so I ordered some Amy Klimpt sparkly sock yarn to celebrate.  Who could resist this:

 
The picture doesn't do it justice, but it is black laced with pink and purple and best of all, sparkles!!  I usually give my socks away, but I'm keeping these babies for myself.
 
Enough of that.  Let's go shopping.  QFC is running their 10 for $10 ad again.  This is a good time to stock up on groceries for the food bank.  I think that we get lax about the food bank in the summer because we are so busy and food is growing everywhere, so we just don't think about it.  Well, the cold is coming and people gotta eat.  So, here are the headliners this week:
 
Remlinger Coffee - $6.99/12 oz (have you heard of these guys??  Me neither)
Campbell's Soup - $1/ea
Kroger Saltines - $1/ea
Rosarita Refried Beans - $1/ea
Barilla Pasta - $1/ea
Kraft Macaroni & Cheese - $1/ea
Rice A Roni - $1/ea
Mirra Mesh Poufs - $1/ea
Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt - $1/5.3 oz (coupon for $ .50/3, SS/8/12)
Nancy's Yogurt - $2/32 oz
QFC Cottage Cheese & Sour Cream - $1/16 oz
Yoplait Greek Yogurt - $1/5.3 oz
Pork Shoulder Roast - $1.49/lb
Ranger Free Range Whole Chickens - $1.59/lb
Fresh Wild Alaska Coho Salmon - $7.99/lb
Fresh Wild Rockfish - $5.99/lb
Angel Soft Bathroom Tissue - $1/4 rolls
Driscoll's Raspberries - $1/6 oz
Driscoll's Strawberries - $1.99/16 oz
Green Onions & Radishes - 2/$1
Hass Avocados - $ .99/ea
Sweet Tango Apples - $1.88/lb
 
Food Waste Update:
 


I was rooting around in the fridge trying to find something for lunch when I came across these tasty morsels.  The first picture is what was left after the guy from Seattle and I had tacos about two or three weeks ago.  The thing on the right used to be avocado.  Yuck!!  Check out that sell by date on the buttermilk.  I found this hidden behind my box of wine (yeah, I drink it out of the box because half the time I mix it with Crystal Light.  I know...horrors!!)

Cha Ching = $4.00
 


No comments:

Post a Comment