Wednesday, October 31, 2012

QFC Grocery Basket 11/1


I stepped outside in the rain today and took a couple of snaps of the fall flower bed.  I would argue that it is just as beautiful as the summer bed.  That Japanese Maple is stunning!!  And check out this gorgeous hydrangea that my mother gave me back in the 90s.  Readers of this blog know that I have spent years trying to save it from a bad hacking job done by a well meaning yard guy.  I think that it has recovered quite nicely, from a couple of blooms last year to just plain amazing this year.

 
And this hardy fuchsia is hanging on and looking quite lovely, in my opinion.  I planted three of these plants before one finally made it through the winter.  The only thing that I am doing differently with this one is to leave it alone, even when it gives up the ghost and freezes to death.  In the spring, I go out and clean it up as soon as I see green poking out and give it a good dose of compost.  Seems happy with this arrangement.
 

Pictured above are a couple of coupons that came my way without having to be cut out.  The $5 one just came in the mail in a QFC mailing.  The other one shot out of the Catalina machine and is for $ .75 off my next shopping trip.  Thank you, very much.

Now that I am a great-grandma, I'm noticing deals on diapers.  This week, QFC is running a promotion where you buy $20 worth of Huggies, get $5 off next purchase.  They have Huggies on sale for $18.99 and there is a coupon for $1 off in S/10/21.

They are also running the Buy 5, Save $2.50 promotion with a lot of items included.  And their ad is shorter this week, running Thursday through Tuesday.  Here are the highlights:

Tillamook Cheese - $4.99/2lb/promo
International Delight Creamer - $2.99/32 oz/promo
Asian Pears, Persimmons & Coconuts - $1/ea
Fugi, Braeburn & Granny Smith Apples - $ .99/lb
Hot House Tomatoes - $ .99/lb
Hass Avocados - $ .99/ea
Mayan Sweet Onions - $ .99/lb
Asparagus - $2.99/lb
Draper Valley Whole Chicken - $ .88/lb
Fresh Alaska True Cod - $7.99/lb
Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup - $ .69/can/promo
Orowheat Bread - $2.49/loaf/promo
Gevalia Coffee - $6.49/12 oz/promo
Swanson Broth - $ .49/14.5oz/promo
Special K Cereal - $2.49/coupon for $1 off 3 RP/10/14/promo
Best Foods Mayonnaise - $2.99/30oz/promo
Kleenex - $ .99/ea/promo
Crest Toothpaste - $1/ea/coupon for $ .50 off PG/Oct
Hot Wheels Cars - $ 74/ea (think stocking stuffers)

When I was working at the Library, I noticed that a lot of retired folks were addicted to the Midsomer Murders series and I thought I would give them a go once I had the time.  Now that baseball is over for the year, I found myself needing something to knit by, so I stuck volume one, season one in the player last night.  I enjoyed it very much. 

These are mysteries set in a very charming village somewhere in England where there sure is a lot of murder going on.  They killed off four people in the first show!! and I think that there is close to 20 seasons of this show.  Why would you want to move there??  Anyway, they are very well done as only the Brits can do.



No comments:

Post a Comment