Wednesday, October 17, 2012

QFC Grocery Basket 10/17


When I pulled the spent cucumber plants out of this big pot I was surprised to see all this beautiful lettuce that had been hiding underneath.  This pot is truly butt ugly but it really produced this summer and the chair was the perfect place for vines to hang off, and now lettuce.  I'd forgotten that I had planted some seeds in there.  I almost don't want to harvest it - but I will.

So, if you are starting your holiday baking, QFC has some important ingredients on sale this week.  My son, the plumber, has requested his Grannie's butter balls for Christmas but I'm hesitant because it would be like giving him a coronary for Christmas with all that butter.  And you can't just eat one.  I know this from experience, but they are delicious.

Anyway here is what Miss MoneyPenny considers to be the deals this week:

Franz Bread - $2.50/loaf
Gold Medal Flour - $2.50/5 lb
Spice Island Spices - 50% off (stock up price even tho I can't find any coupons)
Coffee Bean Coffee - $6.99/12 oz
Valley Fresh White Chicken Breast - $1/5 oz can (think Food Bank)
Best Foods Mayonnaise - $3.49/30 oz
Coffee-Mate Creamer - $2.99/qt
Nancy's Yogurt - $2.79/qt (ad shows organic)
QFC Butter - $2.69/lb
Ribeye Steaks - $5.99/lb value pack
Fresh Wild Alaska True Cod - $7.99/lb
Rice A Roni - $1/ea (food bank)
Pears - $ .99/lb
Gala or Jonagold Apples - $ .99/lb
English Cukes - $ .99/ea
Hass Avocados - $ .99/ea
Red Seedless Grapes - $1.28/lb

Kitty Update:

This is the second time the kitty has been attacked since June by something and it has been pretty darned expensive, but what do you do??  After xrays, shots, and some kind of hydration thingy, the bill came to $368.  As I have said before, vet bills are the wild card in the budget.  I budget $100 per month for vet visits but my vet category is now $970 in the red from all the recent issues.  EEEK!!  I will have to redirect funds from other categories to balance my budget and I hate doing that.

Guest Post Update:

My sister, Miss SmartyPants, is going to do a blog post for Miss MoneyPenny on dahlias.  She reigns supreme when it comes to growing dahlias.  She has a strip of dahlias in the front of her office building that runs from property line to property line and people actually come by just to see it.  I love dahlias but don't have a clue how to go about raising them, so she is going to give us her tips and secrets.  I am excited about this!!  We don't call her SmartyPants for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment