Thursday, October 11, 2012

Costco Coupons 10/11 - 11/4


Sure was nice of Miss MoneyPenny to buy a new comfy bed for the critters.  At least they give me a small sliver to sleep on.  And, Poppy, the Boston Terrorizer is buried under the covers down at the foot of the bed snoring away.  Notice the giant white cat foot on Suzie's butt.  Believe it or not, I usually sleep like a log.

I thought that I would explain the criteria I use for selecting coupons and deals.  There are literally thousands of blogs out there that cover deals with an eye for young families, and I read a lot of them.  I wish that they had been around when I was raising a family, but I would have probably been way too busy to read them. 

Miss MoneyPenny writes for everybody but keeps her eye out for coupons and deals that don't involve a lot of processing in our food and I don't personally buy everything that I mention.  I would if I needed them, though.  I am always looking for ways to save money in just about every area where money is spent and finding products that get the famous MoneyPenny Seal of Approval is a big thrill.  Matching coupons and sales to one of these items is truly a triple whammy.

As I state in my bio on the right hand side of the blog, I'm trying to squeeze every dollar in able to live my chosen lifestyle on a limited retirement budget, which includes paying almost $600 a month for health insurance.  EEEEK!!  And if I see a good deal or important information, I'm going to pass it along. 

Now that you know how I select the deals, we should get going on the Costco deals.  If you are in need of an update on your smartphone, Costco is the place and there are coupons for several different brands.  And if you haven't purchased your winter tires, they have a coupon for $70 off Michelin tires.  Here are the other coupons I noticed:

Smoke Detectors/Fire Extinguishers - $7
Brita Pitcher/Filters - $8/limit 5
Philips Sonicare Brush heads - $10/limit 2
Kirkland Signature CoQ10 - $5/limit 5
Tide - $2.50/limit 1
Downey - $2/limit 1
Bounce Dryer Sheets - $1.75/limit 1
Cascade Complete Action Pacs - $3/limit 1
Dove Bar Soap - $3.50/limit 2/16 count
Dove Body Wash - $3/limit 2
Dove Shampoo/Conditioner - $2/limit 2/40 oz
Crest Toothpaste - $3.50/limit 2/5 pack

From the Who Knew Department:

Who knew that if you see that little "he" symbol on your laundry soap that it is not suitable for use in top loading conventional washing machines??  I had noticed that I sure didn't have very many suds and was wondering if Tide was not so good any more, but after reading all about laundry soap in the October issue of ShopSmart, I now know what is going on.  If you do have a conventional top loader as I do, they are suggesting Target's Up & Up Ultra Concentrated for the best cleaning and price.  I have used Tide since 1967 but now I'm going to take a run at Target's soap when I need to buy detergent.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment