Wednesday, August 8, 2012

QFC Grocery Basket 8/8

Whoo hoo!!  I did it!!  Miss SmartyPants and I are signed up for our cruise in September of 2013!!  We decided to go with Costco Travel as they had the best deal for the cruise that we wanted.  It is gonna cost us $3600 for the two of us, in a suite with a balcony and a $300 on board credit, including taxes and docking fees.  This does not include tips or any beverages in bottles.  Where is the fun in that?? but we can have all the coffee and iced tea we can drink, which is a lot.  I'll keep you posted on how the cruise fund is shaping up.

On a sad note, Marvin Hamlisch died on Monday at the age of 68.  I loved his musical scores that he composed for so many of our favorite movies, such as The Sting.  Where were you when you saw those two handsome guys known as Robert Redford and Paul Newman in that movie??  I saw it at the Egyptian in Coos Bay with a Mr. Marshall who said later in a big fight, that he had initially asked me out because I went with his new Corvette!!  What a back handed compliment that was.  That was a very rocky romance.

Anyway, on to the QFC ad.  There are some pretty good deals this week but again, I'm puzzled by the lack of good sales on produce - in August, of all things.  I'm going to swoop down on the loss leaders and run over to Chimacum Corner for produce.  Here you go:

Orowheat Bread - $2.50/ea
C&H Sugar - $2.99/4lb (remember the hummers)
Kellogg's Cereal - $1.99/ea (selected varieties, probably not my beloved Special K)
Chobani Greek Yogurt - $1/6oz (heads up - I was startled by the big seeds in Passion Fruit)
Darigold Butter - $2.99/lb
Tillamook Ice Cream - $3.99/56oz
Herbal Essences Shampoo - $2.77/ea (coupon $3/2 in RP/8/5, making this a stock up price)
Petite Sirloin Steak - $3.99/lb (might be tough as nails, so marinate it before grilling)
Hillshire Farm Tub Lunch Meat - $10/3
Johnsonville Brats or Italian Sausage - $3.89/19oz
Fresh Wild Alaska Sockeye - $9.99/lb
Rockfish Fillets - $5.99/lb
Broccoli Crowns - $ .99/lb
NW XL Red Cherries - $3.99/lb (they won't be around much longer)
Red, Green Seedless Grapes - $ .99/lb

Don't forget to go to the QFC site and download your ecoupons.  I do this every week and then print out the list as it changes because I either use the coupon or it expires.  Pay attention to the coupons that they send you in the mail.  I got some really good ones yesterday, such as a free box of Special K.  They noticed my addiction.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmmm... Goes well with a Corvette? Did you also go well with the Levi attire? hahahahahaha..

    Blocked my calendar out for the cruise dates next September!

    Watch those petite sirloin steaks... They are tough...

    ReplyDelete