Monday, August 6, 2012

Blue Monday



I think that this picture is a pretty good description of this last weekend, and this is in the shade.  I do really well in warmish weather until you get to the 90s and then I turn into a person that you do not want to be around.  Just ask the guy from Seattle who is probably never leaving that fair city for these parts again.  And to add to the heat, my little acrobatic flip that I did in Silverdale is making me walk like the Hunchback of Notre Dame.  Get the picture??

Anyway, I'm really glad that I showed you pictures of my garden before my neighbor decided to pressure wash the back side of my fence, and perhaps ruin my beloved garden.  Everything is covered with a fine coating of I don't know what and it does not rinse off.  If we had noticed this on Saturday we could have run the sprinkler the whole time they were working and maybe diluted it.  This is what it looks like:


 
I'm starting to get the picture of what it feels like to be a farmer who is just about ready to harvest his crops and the boll weevils wipe it out overnight.  This may not be that bad, but it can't be good for the health of the plants.  Don't they breathe through their leaves and do that photosynthesis thing??  I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

On a much nicer note, I met Miss CutiePie for lunch and conversation today.  You probably guessed that she is married to Mr. CutiePie, who is a boy after my own heart.  He fishes and hunts everything that can be fished and hunted and is very good about sharing.  This picture shows what I bagged at lunch today:


Am I a lucky girl or what??  This beautiful fish is going for $9.99 a pound this week at QFC.  There are many ways to cook salmon but my favorite is either grilled or baked with lemon pepper and dots of butter.  The taste of the fish is enhanced but not overwhelmed by the lemon pepper, and everything is better with butter, don't you agree??

By the way, Mr. CutiePie gets the famous MoneyPenny Seal of Approval for being a fine husband and fisher of fishes.

 


1 comment:

  1. 100 Blog posts!!! WooHoo!!!

    Looking forward to the next 100!!

    ReplyDelete