Saturday, February 11, 2012

Shopping at Macy's, Part Two

Now, you know that Miss MoneyPenny has been on an ongoing mission to lose the baby fat.  I know.  I know.  The kid is 38 but you just can't rush some things, and weight, for me anyway, is one of those things.  I am so happy if I drop anything over a half pound a week.  I'm sure that Weight Watchers is making a bundle on me, but it is money well spent as I'm learning a lot from them.

You may wonder where I'm going with this.  Today was the first time since 1994 that I bought my jeans in the ladies department instead of plus size.  Yahooty!! as my dear mother used to say.

I didn't really mean to.  We were at Macy's to return my latest too big purchases.  The guy from Seattle hates to shop so I showed him where to sit in the mall and people watch.  On the way back into the store, I passed by the Misses and noticed how much nicer the clothes were than in the larger size section.  The next thing you know, I was trying on a pair of Levis.  And they fit!!  Then I found the cutest top!! and so it begins.

If you have ever been banished to the plus size department, you know that you don't have much to choose from and everything is so expensive.  A real wasteland, man.  I was surprised at the lower prices in the Misses and they actually took my coupon.  In fact, they gave me a $10 coupon for buying jeans for my next shopping trip.  Lately, in the PS department, my coupons do not work for various excuses.  What is up with that?

When we got home today, I told the guy from Seattle that I was going into the bedroom to cry because I was so happy.  It seems like a silly thing to get all emotional about, but everyone who has been on the weight loss journey knows where I am coming from.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! You've worked hard at it and you deserve a fun day shopping in the Misses Dept!

    ReplyDelete