Wednesday, April 3, 2013

QFC Grocery Basket 4/3


Check out this pretty boy.  Usually I've seen him and his buddies at the edge of Anderson Lake and down by the creek in more wildy settings, but lately he has been visiting my feeders.  I guess the word is out about all that black sunflower seed to be had at the MoneyPenny digs.

So - as I'm looking at the QFC ad this week I notice that there are several things that I can buy for the food bank.  I understand that attendance at our local food bank is way up these days.  There are folks in our community who are having a hard time and it is up to us, their neighbors, to help out.  I've listed some quick and easy things to pick up this week and put in the food bin by the check-out at QFC.

  • General Mills Cereal - $2.50/ea
  • Rosarita Refried Beans - $1/16oz
  • Simple Truth Organic Beans - $1/15oz
  • Valley Fresh Chicken Breast - $1/5oz can
  • Hunt's Pasta Sauce - $1/24oz
  • Smart Taste Pasta - $1/12oz
  • Colgate Toothpaste - $1/4.6oz
  • Plus Toothbrush - $1/ea
  • Angel Soft Bath Tissue - $1/4pack  
Here are the rest of my suggestions:
  • Chobani Greek Yogurt - $1/6oz
  • Nancy's Organic Yogurt - $3.99/qt
  • QFC Cottage Cheese - $1/16oz
  • USDA Choice Ribeye Steak - $5.99/lb
  • Fresh Wild Rockfish - $5.99/lb
  • Broccoli Crowns - $1.49/lb
  • Cauliflower - $1.49/lb
  • Large Navel Oranges - $ .99/lb
  • Fuji Apples - $ .99/lb
  • Medium Hass Avocados - $ .99/ea
  • Tomatoes on the Vine - $ .99/lb
  • Mayan Sweet Onions - $ .99/lb
  • Daffodils - $2/10 stem bunch
Coffee Mate Update:

Readers of Miss MoneyPenny know that she has a real addiction to Coffee Mate.  If there is not CM I won't have coffee.  I have tried all kinds of substitutions, even going so far as to pour whipping cream and real sugar into my coffee.  No go.  My friends have begged, pleaded and shamed me but still I persist.  What do they put in that stuff, anyway?? and none of it is "food".  Could be heroin.

Last year I made it two weeks before I gave in and enjoyed my morning coffee.  This year - 3 days.  Disgusting, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment