Wednesday, April 10, 2013

QFC Grocery Basket 4/10


When I first started MoneyPenny Manor all that was here were two fir saplings and a scraped double lot.  My neighbor's boyfriend was a retired landscaper and he had a vision for the neighborhood, so he planted a flowering plum in everybody's yard.  That was 18 years ago and when they are all in bloom it is almost breathtaking.  Of course, as soon as they are good and beautiful we have a big wind storm and poof!! they are gone.  Happens every year.

So, anyway, as I look at the ad this week, I notice that it is low on produce and high on proteins.  The first Alaska fresh halibut is going for $16.99 a pound which is about par for last year.  I'm gonna buy a half pound and pig out.  I love that stuff.  The other thing, and this is a good deal, wild Alaska cod is going for $2.99 a pound, but it has been frozen.  If you weren't raised on the southern Oregon Coast and lived on lots of fresh fish, you probably won't even notice the difference between it and fresh, since they flash freeze it.

QFC is also running the Buy5, Save $5 promo this week.  Here are my suggestions for this week:
  • King Arthur Flour - $3.59 (promo)
  • Gevalia Coffee - $5.99/12 oz or 12 count (promo)
  • Del Monte Tomatoes - $1/14.5oz
  • Tide - $4.99/50oz (promo)
  • Best Foods Mayonnaise - $2.79/30oz (promo)
  • International Delight - $1.99/qt (promo)
  • Mountain High Yogurt - $1.49/qt (promo)
  • Colgate Toothpaste - $1/4.6oz
  • Nature Made Vitamins - BOGO
  • Boneless Top Sirloin Steak - $4.99/lb (usually needs marinating)
  • Wild Alaska Cod (frozen) - $2.99/lb
  • Fresh Wild Cooked Shrimp Meat - $4.99/lb
  • Fresh Alaska Halibut - $16.99/lb
  • Driscoll's Strawberries - $2/lb
  • Russet Baking Potatoes - $ .69/lb
Carpal Tunnel Update:

Today was my last follow-up visit and I have been given the green light for all activities, including shoveling.  I had the surgery 41 days ago and I think that is a pretty fast recovery time.  Too bad I waited so many years to have it done.  The first thing that I'm going to use the shovel on is the blue grasses because they look like hell.  I'm gonna dig them up, clean them up, and divide them.  This is just one of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment