Thursday, April 25, 2013

Full Pink Moon


We should be so lucky to have our Pink Moon look like this tonight but it should still be gorgeous since we have clear skies.  This first full moon of Spring got its name from the American Indians because the wild ground phlox is flowering and they knew for sure that the times were a-changing for the good.  I just threw that last part in but everybody loves the springtime.  This moon is not really known for actually being pink but we might get a little pinkish tinge tonight because of a partial lunar eclipse.  I'm gonna have my trusty camera handy.

Wheat.  I don't know about you but the allergy season has been brutal for me this year.  I was talking to my sister, Miss SmartyPants, the other day complaining about this nasty cough that I can't get rid of.  It is especially bad at night.  Dr. Day has me on Flonase and Zyrtec but they only take the edge off.

My sister mentioned that my niece, Jessie Lee (aka Miss SarcasticPants - she named herself) was having the very same problem.  She gave up wheat and dairy and the whole thing went away, along with an extra 30 pounds.  She feels wonderful!!  By the way, you can check out JL here.  She is the outreach coordinator for the homeless in Bend, Oregon and is a good girl and mama to my great-niece, Miss RyaPants.  I'm very proud of her.  She is the pretty young lady in the purplish jacket.

Anyway, back to the wheat.  I've only been off for two days and have noticed a huge difference.  No coughing!!  Who knew??  So, I'm looking for ways to replace bread.  I had a brand new loaf, just out of the breadmaker, which I gave to Kim when she happened by the other day.  I don't really want to jump on the processed gluten-free bandwagon because I'm suspicious of those guys, so that means I'm on my own.  I don't seem to have a problem with corn meal or oats.  This could be interesting.  I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment