Wednesday, July 30, 2014

QFC Grocery Basket 7/30



Where in the hell did July go??  This is the fastest moving summer ever and it has been so hot!!  I don't have any shade by my house and I have three skylights so my house really heats up.  I do have air conditioning via my heat pump but I prefer fresh air, especially when I sleep, or try to sleep.

But the heat has been good for the tomatoes and basil.  I'm gonna give the basil plants a good trimming and make some pesto.  Yesterday I dug some potatoes and made a big pan of fried spuds.  It was so good.  I have some left so I'm gonna heat them up with a couple of eggs for dinner.

I have so much produce here at MoneyPenny BackYard that I try to eat at least one thing from my yard at every meal I eat at home and sometimes the whole meal is produce.  As I look at the ad this week I notice that the produce sales are not that great, as usual.  This is the time of year, if you don't have a garden, to get out and visit your local produce stand.  You can easily beat the supermarket price and the quality is far superior.

And speaking of the ad, here are my suggestions this week:

Kroger Cottage Cheese - $2.29/24oz
QFC Large Eggs - $1.50/doz
Nature Made Vitamins - BOGO
Draper Valley Split Chicken Breasts - $2.79/lb
Fresh NW Cooked Shrimp Meat - $5.99/lb
Fresh Wild Coho Salmon Fillets - $9.99/lb
Ribeye Steaks - $6.99/lb
Barilla Pasta - $1/ea
Broccoli or Cauliflower - $1.29/lb
NW Yellow Peaches or Nectarines - $1.49/lb
Olathe Sweet Corn - 3 for $1
Red Cherries - $2.99/lb
Tomatoes on the Vine - $1.49/lb
Leaf Lettuces - $1.50/head

If you are wondering about the picture at the top - it is my grandson, Eli, outfitted and ready to clean out the garden shed for me.  He has just finished cleaning the gutters and has changed his clothes because of the bee problem in the shed.  He said he could feel them hitting on him but he never got stung because of his getup.  Smart kid.  He came prepared.

FYI:

The Bradster is always such a good sport and goes to all the movies that I want to see, so I couldn't turn him down when he wanted to see Sex Tape.  He loves Cameron Diaz and was hoping to see her naked.  And she was.  I wasn't expecting much from the movie so I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed it so much.  The deal is this married couple wants to jazz up their sex life so they make a sex tape.  Instead of saving it, the husband mistakenly sent it up to the cloud.  And then the craziness begins as they try get it back.  We belly laughed through the whole thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment