Wednesday, October 2, 2013

QFC Grocery Basket 10/2


My sister, Miss SmartyPants, sent along some new shots of her sunflowers.  Pretty amazing!!  I happen to know that she owns a beautiful hand thrown pot with sunflowers painted on it that she bought just for sunflower bouquets.




This is how they looked a couple of days later, after the big storm.  Good thing she took pictures before the wind hit.


You would think that Mother Nature would appreciate my sister's offer of sunflowers and spare them, although it looks like the little Teddy Bears in the front did okay.

Okay, let's look at this week's ad.  QFC is running whole chickens at $ .99 a pound so if you didn't stock up a couple weeks ago, grab a couple for the freezer.  It makes me feel secure to have bags of frozen cooked chicken at the ready for soups and other recipes.

Here are the highlights:

QFC Large Eggs - $1.50/doz
Foster Farms Whole Chickens - $ .99/lb
Fresh Northwest Cooked Shrimp Meat - $5.99/lb
Fresh Wild Alaska Coho - $9.99/lb
Fresh Dover Sole - $5.99/lb
Bartlett/Red Pears - $ .99/lb
English Cucumbers - $1.25/ea
Gala Apples - $ .99/lb
Medium Hass Avocados - $ ,99/ea
Mini Peeled Carrots - $ .99/16oz bag
Roma Tomatoes - $ .99/lb

Since it is the beginning of the month I went to the QFC website and downloaded the few coupons that I use to my loyalty card.  Almost all of the coupons are for heavily processed food items so there isn't much there for me but I did click on the one for $2 off Tide.  The trick is remembering what I downloaded or where I put the printout.






No comments:

Post a Comment