Thursday, October 10, 2013

October - the Best Month to Buy...


I did it!!  I cleaned off the table and it is still clean but only because the Bradster is coming over for lunch.  After that...who knows??

This is the first morning of Fall that I wanted a bowl of oatmeal instead of my usual beloved Strawberry Special K.  I'm sure one of the reasons is that I'm not getting very many berries now, although, the raspberry patch has lots of green berries that will probably never ripen in these shorter days and cooler temps.

Baking season is just about to get going so we should start seeing sales on those kind of ingredients.  I've already seen bargains on butter.  A cookie that isn't made with butter is a scary thing indeed.  Remember that butter freezes well so you can stock up.

Here is the list that you should start seeing good deals on:

Canned Foods
Large Appliances
Jeans
Air Conditioners
Cars
Grills
Toys
Tires
Trees, Shrubs, Bulbs
Lawn Movers
Candy
Smoke Detectors
Batteries

Seasonal produce:

Apples, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbages, chard, cranberries, lemons, parsnips, pears, pomegranates, sweet potatoes, pumpkins, winter squash, turnips, yams.

Miss MaggieMay and I are waiting for Costco to put out their fresh cut-up butternut squash.  This stuff is seriously good roasted in a hot oven and then made into soup.  I agree with MMM that if I had to peel and cut it up myself (complete with emergency room visit for knife cuts) it probably wouldn't get eaten in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment