Wednesday, October 16, 2013

QFC Grocery Basket 10/16



This is the last of my beautiful summer lettuce along with some purple onions.  From now on I will be getting my lettuce at Chimacum Corner which is grown locally.  After my spring lettuces all started to bolt during the hot weather this summer I decided to try summer lettuces from Territorial seeds and was pleasantly surprised at how well they did.

Here are my suggestions from the grocery ad this week:

Orowheat Bread - $2.50/loaf
Spice Island Spices - 50% off
Fage Greek Yogurt - $2.50/17.6oz
Kroger Cottage Cheese - $1.99/24oz
USDA Boneless New York Steak - $5.99/lb
Pears - $ .99/lb
Broccoli/Cauliflower - $ .99/lb
Celery - $ .68/lb
English Cucumbers - $1.25/ea
Mayan Sweet Onions - $1/lb
Medium Hass Avocados - $ .99/ea
Sweet Tango, Ambrosia, Honeycrisp Apples - $1.88/lb

I'm off to Costco this morning to get a new smartphone.  I've been ready for a new upgrade for about a year but have been putting it off until my charger no longer charges.  GRRRRRRR!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment