Tuesday, September 3, 2013

September - The Best Month to Buy...



Don't you just love it when your dog wakes you up in the middle of the night puking on your fresh washed bedspread??  This morning I saw that she had also drilled the sofa sometime in the night.  Yesterday I grilled a steak and gave the cooked fat to the dogs who just love it but it must have not agreed with Suzy.  Actually I didn't like the steak much either because it was more fat than meat.

My sister, Miss SmartyPants, left a comment wondering how I roast green beans.  I love this method for roasting almost all veggies because it really brings out the rich flavor instead of masking it.  All you do is toss your green beans with olive oil, salt and pepper, and a pinch of pepper flakes.  Roast at 400 until done to your liking.  I like them browned on the edges and caramelized.  Yum!!

When Miss MaggieMay and I were out and about the other day there were grills and lawn mowers everywhere - and on sale.  And they were good sales because it is the end of the season, so now is the time to buy them.  This is my list for September:

Grills & Grill Supplies
Lawn Mowers
Patio Furniture
Trees, Shrubs, and Bulbs
Large Appliances
Office & School Supplies
Underwear
Cars
Holiday Airfare

I also want to remind you that it is $5 Footlong at Subway all of September.  I love sandwiches and Subway makes them right in front of you using the ingredients that you want.  For $5 you and a friend can have a nice, healthy lunch and not break the bank or your weight loss program.  Subway earned the famous Miss MoneyPenny Seal of Approval in 2012 and is still on the list.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be roasting green beans tonight! (After I get back from my massage... ahhhhhhhhh) Another thing I LOVE about Subway is that they always use new disposable gloves when making your sandwiches. Have you tried their chopped salad? It's all that you get on the sandwich and chopped up in a big bowl. It's delish and no bread! (However, sometimes the bread is the desert.. yum...)

    So good to see your posts again!!

    ReplyDelete