Wednesday, May 1, 2013

QFC Grocery Basket 5/1







Welcome to my favorite month!!  I love May even if it was only 28 degrees this morning when I got up, but that is what happens when the skies are clear around here.  The weatherman is calling for splendid weather for the next several days and it couldn't have come too soon.  I am done with wintery type weather.  I even put the sun tea jar out for the first time this year and the darn thing leaks.  Usually it is the nozzle but that is not the case and the jar is glass.  Hmmm.

I went up to Hadlock Building to get my dahlia bulbs today but they don't have any, so a trip to town is in order.  I did find some tall, sturdy, green supports for them, though, and got them stuck in the ground.  While I was there I picked up a Coreopsis for a bald spot in the front of my flowerbed.  This is what it will hopefully look like when it blooms:


According to my research, this plant doesn't mind dry, lean soil after it is established, so it should be thrilled to pieces to be in my flowerbed where it will get regular water and the soil is healthy.

Okay, let's go shopping.  The ad is pretty ho-hum this week with very little in the way of produce on sale.  They are running the Buy 4/Save 4 promo, which is a lot like the Buy 5, Save 5 promo, don't ya think??

Here are my suggestions:

Franz Bread - $2.50/loaf
Simple Truth Cage Free Eggs - $2.50/doz
Draper Valley Whole Chicken - $ .89/lb
Fresh Wild Dover Sole - $5.99/lb
Barilla Pasta - $1/ea
Medium Hass Avocados - $ .99/ea
Red Tomatoes on the Vine - $ .99/lb
Vidalia Onions - $1/lb


Buy4/Save 4 Promo:

Tide - $4.99 50oz or powder
Duracell Batteries - $2.49/pk
Crest Whitening Toothpaste - $1.69/6-6.2oz
Pantene - $2.79/12.6oz

P.S.

Don't worry about the frozen pansies in the top picture.  They popped right back.  They don't mind freezing temps - unlike petunias, geraniums, begonias, etc.  I'm still gonna hold off planting my deck pots until after the 15th, but it will be hard to resist with all this warm sunshine during the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment