Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Big Pharma in Hadlock

Now this isn't something that you see everyday, especially in this day and age.  It seems that my favorite pharmacist up at QFC has decided that he doesn't care for the way QFC does business and has opened his own pharmacy.  And to add injury to insult, he left that vile place with two of the nicest lady pharmacy techs to help him run the new place.  I bet QFC gritted their teeth.

I'm not the only one who is unhappy with QFC's pharmacy.  I have stood in line for up to 45 minutes waiting to pick up a called in prescription.  That is just plain crazy!!  Don't get me started on the prices, but unless you want to drive into town (9 miles) and stand in the Safeway line, QFC was what you had and half the time, they acted like they didn't have a clue who Miss MoneyPenny was!! if you can believe that.

So now we have Tri-Area Pharmacy and an excellent pharmacist who won't be shuttled around to different QFC stores all week.  When I called today, they were so happy to hear from me and that I am moving my business.  They even knew who I was.  I am happy now.

Will I save money?  Damned if I know, but at least I'm not giving up my hard earned money to a big corporation who could care less about me.  Money spent locally, that stays local, goes a long way with me.  We need to do more of this and I'm trying.

1 comment:

  1. $4 buckeroos & change for coffee filters, but on the plus side they DO have the fish lady.

    ReplyDelete