Friday, September 30, 2011

Grocery Basket 9/30

You may have noticed that Miss MoneyPenny has been pretty quiet for the last couple of weeks.  I've been in TRAINING at work.  We are getting a new system, and as usual, everything has to be different.  Not one thing is the same.  It is like these guys do it on purpose to make us crazy.  And it is working. 

This is how it goes:  We sit in a hot, stuffy room and our training person starts talking Greek.  I wish it were Greek because I could then go to Greece and actually communicate.  As it is, I just have a few phrases like 'build a periodical record set' or 'build a purchase order record set.'  As you can see there are a lot of record sets with this new system...and I'm just thrilled.

I was looking at the QFC flyer this week and noticed that they seem to be using a lot of ad space per item.  What is with that?  And the sales stink.  I was interested in the cantaloupe for .49/lb but got scared off by the Listeria bug.  So I just picked up a few things and went through the self checkout and called it good.

Safeway is having a pretty good sale on beef this week.  Steak ranges from $3.99/lb to $5/99/lb so if you need it - grab it.  I carefully looked over the flyer to see if they had one of those cool steak coupons like what I used at the beginning of summer.  No dice.  They still are running the flu shot deal for 10% off of your groceries, though.

I'm still eating from the garden and made up a big pan of the famous green bean dish.  Every since I made the trade for potatoes with Mr. SuperGenius, I've added them to the mix, and it is good.  I'm thinking that this is my last mess of green beans for the year but the cherry tomatoes are still coming on like crazy and will continue to do so until a good freeze.  I also picked a nice bouquet of sunflowers and it looks like I'm going to get beautiful dahlias after all.  I love this time of year in the garden.

Someone asked if I could show my budget book so I took a few pictures.  You will notice that it is splitting down the middle.





This very simple budget book has changed my life.  Really.  I posted earlier about how my system works but am planning on doing it again because I think it will work for everyone.   Although, it has been brought to my attention that this doesn't work with some husbands.  It has been my experience that this is so but I can't help you with that because I had the same problem with my favorite ex husband.  His deal was - work hard, make money, play hard, spend money.  Very simple.


1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures, as always!
    That's funny: "this doesn't work with some husbands!"

    ReplyDelete