Sunday, October 2, 2011

Good Coupon

Miss MoneyPenny spied an $8 off two Cover Girl face products in the October P&G insert today.  So if you need it, head on over to Rite Aid because they are running the Buy One, Second One 50% off deal.  It isn't very often when a great coupon coincides with a sale these days.

There is also a $7 coupon in that very same insert on Crest 3D Whitestrips.  I find it very strange to see a coupon for Pringles potato chips along with the Tide and Nyquil coupons.  I guess Proctor & Gamble makes a lot of things in their factory.  Gee...I hope they don't get the ingredients mixed up.

Yesterday I met Miss Maggie May in Las Silverdale for lunch at Applebees.  I hadn't seen her for over a month so we had a lot to talk about, as in a two hour lunch.  Of course, we reminded the waitress that we were seniors and got the discount which meant that my iced tea was free.  It was our waitress's first day and she was literally shaking.  We tipped her well.  I would rather my money go to her than a big corporation any day.

I want to talk about keeping a running list, either in your head or on paper, for things that you always need or are running low on.  I know that Miss Know It All is going to be horrified but I needed some underwear.  I've lost some weight and it was starting to feel like I could pull my uns up to my armpits.  Not really, but you get the idea.  I've been waiting for OneHanesPlace.com to hit the daily double on ebates because they run some really good deals on Bali.  But on my way out of town I decided to drop by Macy's and guess what?  They were running a BOGO on Bali!!

So here is the deal: they had three packs for $25 each.  When did uns get so expensive?  Anyway, I took two packs up to the counter.  I should have bought more but I was unsure of the style and fit.  This is what it looked like:

2 packs of 3 @ $25 = $50
1 pack free              = $25
plus 20% coupon    -  $5
Total                       = $20
(plus $1.72 tax)

That looks like a savings of $30 to me just by keeping in mind what I needed and also keeping my eyes open for a deal.  To be able to use my coupon I had to charge this to my Macy's card.  They are hoping that I will run a balance but I keep money in my budget for clothing and shoes, so will bill pay them, thus avoiding any finance charges but taking advantage of the goodies that come with having their card.

Now, I'm on the hunt for new jeans.  Losing weight is expensive but that is okay with me.

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to start printing out the weekly Tarjay ad and looking for deals on clothes, because I seem to be gaining weight. My thighs have gotten just enormous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure to sign up for Fred Meyer online. They send out email coupons that are only for you and they work with your Fred Meyer card. They sent out a 50% off cosmetics or bath items. Was a perfect chance to try some of the new Loreal make-up that I've been wanting.

    Dave a.k.a.Catboxer - Not much to help with your thighs (most of us have a big butt to go with the thighs). One suggestion is that you get used to those cute Spandex shorts.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I do like about OneHanesPlace.com is that they are one of the most popular online stores for Ladies undergarments in the United States as over 90% of their online customers are Ladies from the United States. What the average Lady will also like about OneHanesPlace.com is that they definitely have an excellent selection of bras, panties, hosiery, shapewear and bathing suits all at very affordable prices.

    ReplyDelete