Sunday, October 30, 2011

Grocery Basket 10/30

Now, you know that Miss MoneyPenny is a committed Weight Watcher.  I decided about six months ago that being overweight doesn't really work in the MoneyPenny household anymore.  I've heard for years how so many of the degenerative diseases that plague us are due to obesity.  Miss MoneyPenny never considered herself obese.  What a nasty word that it is.  Anyway, if you are buying your clothes in Plus Size, it is what it is, kitten.

When you buy your clothes in Plus Size they are more expensive and you have fewer choices.  You really have to work hard to find nice things that won't look more appropriate on your loving grandmother.  What is the deal with a nice looking hoodie completely ruined by embroidered birdies?  I don't want no birdies on my hoodies.  Anyway, you get the idea.

We talked about sugar at WW this week.  I used to have a boyfriend back in the 70s who called it "killer sugar" after reading a book and vowed to never eat it again.  As long as I knew him, he stuck to it.  Crazy.  So - according to the American Heart Association, women should consume no more than two tablespoons of sugar per day.  We average over ten tablespoons a day, most of it hidden sugar.  I don't know about you but I want to experience my sugar, usually in the form of one of those yummy coffee drinks.  I KNOW that I'm getting my sugar.  None of this business with sugar in the canned vegetables where you don't enjoy it or even know that it is there.  So, beware of processed foods whether it be canned or boxed.  Those food corporations are sneaky.

Here is what I'm looking at this week at QFC:

Gala apples - $1/lb
Roma tomatoes - $1/lb
Raspberries - 3/$5
QFC lite sour cream - $1
Fresh wild Alaskan True Cod - $7.99/lb (The guy from Seattle cooked it this weekend and it was delish!)

For the Food Bank:

Kroger oats - $1
Hunts pasta sauce - $1
Barilla pasta - $1

Don't forget that QFC will give you a $25 grocery credit for transferring a prescription.  I've worked this deal and it is slick.  When I was at my doctor and I needed a new prescription, I had them call it in to Safeway.  A couple of months later I had QFC transfer it.  Works like a charm.  Be sure and take the ad with you for the credit.  I can't see a barcode on it but they want it.  I have heard of people transferring their prescriptions all over town to get these deals.  I don't know.  I think once is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment