Monday, October 3, 2011

Bulbamania

Miss MoneyPenny wanted to pass along a deal that a coworker came upon.  Miss MoneyPenny no longer does bulbs but they are still coming up here and there.  I don't know what the deal is but something or somebody is moving them around.  It is my recollection that I planted all of my bulbs in the front flower beds.  I know for sure that I did not plant two kind of expensive, fancy pink tulips by the back gate.  It is a mystery to me when I planted a dozen of those babies pretty much all together for a stunning show.  And it was for a couple of years but they started moving around in a very haphazard way.  I can't bear to pull them out so one will appear in the middle of the Autumn Joy sedum or right next to Don Juan, the rose.  Figure that one out.

Anyway, if you have received a Breck's Bulbs catalog, there just might be a coupon for $25 off of your order.  My coworker ordered the mix of 100 bulbs for $35.  She used the coupon and her order was $10!  Now that is a good deal, don't you think?  That works out to 10 cents a bulb by my reckoning and these are quality bulbs.  If you didn't get a catalog, you can request one for free from their website.  I can't guarantee that those bulbs won't travel once you get them in the ground though.

No comments:

Post a Comment