Sunday, August 17, 2014

Mothers & Daughters


Miss MoneyPenny always wanted a daughter.  In fact for some crazy reason I was just sure my baby was going to be a girl and didn't really have any boy names in mind.  Well - baby turned out to be a boy and let me assure that there is nothing girly about my son, the plumber.

I've been storing pictures of my tribe and I thought that I would share.  The above picture is my sister, Miss SmartyPants, and her daughter, Miss JessieLee.  Yep - she looks like a Redmond and she even sounds like her mom and me.


This is Miss JessieLee with her beautiful daughter, Miss RyaLaine.  I can't believe that she is almost 12.  Where did the time go??



Above is my daughter-in-law, Miss PeggyRae, and her daughter, Miss Haley.  These two are tight and definitely on the same wave length.


This one is Miss Haley and her daughter Miss AslynGrace.  I know my grandson, Eli, is not a daughter but isn't he a handsome devil??

Garden update:

This is the time of year that us gardeners live for.  The garden is going gangbusters and giving up so much beautiful produce.  If you really want to stretch a buck...grow a garden.  During this time I rarely visit the grocery store because I have so much good food at home.  All I need is filler to go with the veggies.

This morning I picked a quart of blueberries and a quart of strawberries for the freezer.  My winter smoothies will remind me of this best time of the year.


Day before yesterday I harvested cherry tomatoes, onions, and garlic and roasted them up in the oven with pepper flakes, olive oil, salt and pepper.  Just before they were done I added some leftover green beans from the garden so they could warm up.  When everything was all roasted I dumped the whole works into a large bowl with a big spoon of my homemade pesto.  Next came the pasta and some Parmesan cheese.  Do I need to tell you how delicious it was??  And the leftovers were even better.

Everything came from the garden except the pasta and Parmesan.  That came from Costco.  And the olive oil.


No comments:

Post a Comment