Wednesday, June 25, 2014

QFC Grocery Basket 6/25



If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.  The neighbors on two sides (not Tina - a blackberry vine would have to be foolhardy to grow in her yard) of Casa MoneyPenny let their yards go to hell including allowing blackberries to run rampant.  For years I would whip myself into a frenzy trying to battle them but I finally calmed down because these are good tasting berries.

Now I just prune out the "males" which are those big thick long vines with no berries on them that grab you when you walk by.  After the season is over I then take out the rest - at least on my side and clean up the fence.  It's a pain in the butt but what else can I do??

Okay - as I look at the ad it puzzles me that there is hardly any produce on sale.  If not in the summer...when??  But there is lots of fresh salmon, halibut, and shrimp.  Also QFC is running a Buy 6, Save $3 promotion which is really just $ .50 off which isn't that impressive to me but if you need any canned or packaged food check it out.

Here are my suggestions this week:

Seattle's Best Coffee - $4.99/12oz
Draper Valley Whole Chickens - $ .99/lb
Fresh Alaska Halibut Fillets - $16.99/lb
Fresh NW Cooked Shrimp Meat - $5.99/lb
Fresh Dover Sole Fillets - $5.99/lb
Fresh Sockeye Salmon Fillets - $10.99/lb
Hebrew National Beef Franks - $3.49/pack
New York Steak - $6.99/lb
Ronzoni Pasta - $ .49/16oz (Buy 6 promo)
Bunch Spinach - $1.29/bunch
NW Rainier Cherries - $3.98/lb
Red Cherries - $2.99/lb
Romaine, Boston, Red or Green Leaf Lettuce - $1.50/head
Sweet Corn - 3/$1


My kitty, DC, always joins me at the computer.  You can see that she is not pleased that I have moved her off the keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment