Wednesday, June 4, 2014

QFC Grocery Basket 6/4



Is this little sweetie stylin' or what??  I got to spend the day with her a couple weekends ago and she is quite the charmer...and busy.  Every time I see her I'm shocked to see how much she has grown and I am always amazed at how much patience her grandpa, my son the plumber, has with her because he is normally a pretty impatient guy.  What a little beauty she is!!

Don't you just hate it when your computer goes tits up??  And when it is offline so is your tablet.  I discovered that I had issues Saturday morning so I called OlyPen and they worked with me and decided that my 12 year old modem was shot.  And they were correct, so yesterday Miss MaggieMay and I headed up to Sequim to pick up a new one.  OlyPen had it already to go and all I had to do was plug it in when I got home.  If you are looking for a great email provider and need patient tech support give them a try.

I finished up my veggie garden yesterday...finally!!  This year I am going to try peppers again but I'm not letting them out of the greenhouse.  I met this guy at a party about a month ago who is part of the Some Like it Hot pepper business in Port Townsend.  He told me that it is way too cold at night around here for successful pepper growing and after years of trying, I agree.  The greenhouse it is.

Okay, kids.  If you've been waiting for fresh Copper River Salmon it is finally here but it is expensive.  The least expensive way to buy it is the whole fish.  They will fillet it for free if you are like me and not handy with a fish and a fillet knife.  Also QFC has the first of the season Northwest red cherries.  I'm gonna dive in and eat a whole pound by myself.

Here are my suggestions for this week:

Mission Flour Tortillas - $1/10ct
Rosarita Refried Beans - $1.19/16oz
La Victoria Salsa - $2/16oz
Boneless Chuck Roast - $3.99/lb
Draper Valley B/S Chicken Breast - BOGO
Fresh Wild Whole Copper River Salmon - $9.99/lb
Cilantro - $ .50/bunch
Eggplant - $1.50/ea
English Cucumbers - $1.50/ea
Jalapeno Peppers - $ .99/lb
Mangos - $ .99/ea
Medium Avocados - $ .99/ea
Organic NW Cherries - $5.99/lb
Roma Tomatoes - $ .99/lb
White Onions - $ .99/lb
Zucchini or Yellow Squash - $1.29/lb


I pulled the rest of my radishes the other day when my guyfriend Steve was over and sent him home with a bunch.  I have to admit that I'm sick of radishes.  When they all come on at once and then start to bolt you have to eat fast.  I'll put it a new crop in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment