Wednesday, June 18, 2014

QFC Grocery Basket 6/18



You are probably wondering what Miss MoneyPenny is up to now.  Well, I'm gonna tell ya.  About 25 years ago my favorite ex-husband bought me two 100 foot hoses and being who he was they were big and heavy and totally indestructible.


Last year my grandson, Eli, the plumber, seen above, was cleaning out my gutters when one of them finally blew a big geyser.  He, being who he is, wrapped it tightly with duck tape so he could finish the job.  He told me I needed a new hose so I picked one up at Costco the next time I was down there but it wasn't long enough for my back yard but I dealt with it.

Last month I picked up a lightweight hose at Hadlock Building Supply for around $15 to add to the end of my Costco hose.  It was a total pain in the ass because it wasn't lightweight at all and kinked all the time as you can see.  And you can also see that it blew a big hole and wasn't even a month old!!  The photo below is my Costco hose from last year and my new one.  They were $14.95 each and as you can see it doesn't kink.  I will be returning that crappy hose.



Okay - let's look at the QFC ad for this week.  I want to mention a couple of things.  Be sure and pig out on the Northwest cherries because the season is short.  Ditto for the halibut and salmon if fresh and wild is important to you as it is for Miss MoneyPenny.  Also General Mills is offering a deal where you buy four boxes of their cereal and then get a free gallon of milk.  This is a good deal if you have a houseful of teenagers who generally down a half box of cereal at a sitting.

Here are my suggestions:

S&W Canned Beans - $1/can
Nancy's Yogurt - $2/qt
QFC Large Eggs - $1.50/doz
Fresh NW Cooked Shrimp Meat - $4.99/lb
Fresh Sockeye Salmon Fillets - $10.99/lb
New York Steaks - $6.99/lb
Fresh Alaska Halibut Fillets - $16.99/lb
Broccoli Crowns or Cauliflower - $ .99/lb
Driscoll's Strawberries - $1.88/lb
Medium Hass Avocados - $ .99/ea
Green Onions or Bunch Radishes - $ .50/ea
NW Red Cherries - $3.88/lb
Tomatoes on the Vine - $1.49/lb


The little beauty above is my sister's granddaughter, Miss Bailey.  Not only is she gorgeous but she is also a natural athlete who plays all sports and swims and takes dance classes.  I'm really looking forward to the week of the 4th because they will be here for a few days.  The 5th annual 4th of July party at the MoneyPenny digs will be extra special this year with them here.  My sister and I can really put on a party.  I can't wait!!


No comments:

Post a Comment