Wednesday, January 30, 2013

QFC Grocery Basket 1/30





Today is National Escape Day and it couldn't have come any sooner.  I don't know about you but these long gray days are starting to take their toll, and we haven't even hit February yet, which is the meanest month of all, as far as I'm concerned.  Looking at this picture makes me want to drop everything and pack my bags and head out for the warmth of the sun on my shoulders, a book, and a tall cool one.

Sigh.  But we are still here and looking at the crappy QFC ad trying to find some real food there for a decent price.  Due to the increase in the Social Security deduction on my small Weathers Plumbing paycheck and the increased cost of my medical insurance, my budget has taken a hit of $23.22 per month.  That is a bag of groceries less per month, so I need to be extra vigilant and make sure I get the best bang for my buck.

Here is my list of the best deals and it ain't pretty:

Draper Valley Split Chicken Breasts - $1.49/lb
Pork Shoulder Roast - $1.49/lb
USDA Choice Ribeye Steak - $5.99/lb
Apples (Kiku, Lady Alice, Jazz, Sonya) - $1.99/lb
California Mandarins - $3.99/3lb bag
Cara Cara Navel Oranges - $1.50/lb
Hass Avocados - $ .87/ea
Mangos - $ .87/ea
Organic Carrots - $3/bunch
Fresh Cut Tulips - 3 for $10/5 stem bunch

Home Organization Update:

Going nowhere fast.  Miss CutiePie, the queen of organization, asked me how things were going the other day.  It really is embarrassing but I'm overwhelmed by the project and will probably have CutiePie come over and give me a jump start.  She says that she has a method that works like a charm and she is hard hearted when it comes to throwing stuff out.  Boy, do I need that.  I'm pretty sure that I could easily equip a second home with the stuff that I have accumulated.

No comments:

Post a Comment