Thursday, January 3, 2013

QFC Grocery Basket 1/2



Baby, it's cold outside!!  I just took these shots on my deck at 1:00 this afternoon.  The poor hummers are so frustrated with their feeder being frozen but the weather man says it is gonna warm up this afternoon.  We're waiting...

The holidays have really screwed up my schedule, as usual.  I gave a real start yesterday when I was out to lunch with Miss MaggieMay and it occurred to me that it wasn't Monday.  I'm getting back on track because I've been thinking Thursday all day.  I even finally got to the recycling that I have been saving for "after Christmas".  Those old phone books and calendars really add up.  The entire back of my Cr-V was crammed full.  What a relief to have that all hauled out.

Anyway, on to the QFC ad.  They are running the Buy 5, Save $5 promotion on P&G, Kellogg's and Pepsi this week, so if you have a favorite product, now would be the time to stock up.  Also, Nature Made and Nature's Bounty vitamins are on BOGO.  I refuse to pay full price for vitamins, even at Costco.  By the way, I will have the Costco Coupons up soon.

Here are the standouts this week at QFC:

Franz Bread - BOGO
Starbucks Coffee - $7.99/12oz
Kellogg's Special K - $2.49/ea Promo
S&W Tomatoes - $1/14.5oz
Tide Laundry Detergent - $4.99/50oz Promo
Fage Greek Yogurt - $1/ea
QFC Cottage Cheese - $1.79/24 oz
Herbal Essences - $1.99/ea Promo (coupon Jan/PG for $1 off)
Dover Sole Fillets - $5.99/lb
Draper Valley Whole Chickens - $ .99/lb
Anjou Pears - $1.49/lb
Fuji Apples - $1.49/lb
Organic Carrots - $3/bunch
                           These are all $ .99 per pound :
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Large Navel Oranges
Red Grapefruit
Roma Tomatoes
                          These are $ .69 each:
Green Bell Peppers
Cucumbers
Green Onions
Radishes

I always try to keep a whole chicken in the freezer and I cooked the last one, so I will be taking advantage of the sale.  The grapefruit and oranges sound good, too, and the green onions, radishes and cucumber sound like they could make it into a refreshing green salad.  All that heavy holiday food is making me feel, well...heavy.

I took a couple pictures on New Years while down at my son, the plumber's house.  The first one is my little cutie great-granddaughter happily munching away on Grandpa's thumb.  Could she really be teething at three months??




And these lovely ladies are Mama and Granny:


Carpal Tunnel Update:

Yep.  Found out for sure today.  My left hand is the worst, so will have it done first.  I'm told that I will have immediate relief and I hope they are right.  What will it be like to sleep without my hands being electrocuted while being boiled in oil??  I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment