Wednesday, January 9, 2013

QFC Grocery Basket 1/9/13



Hubba, hubba.  I wish my garden looked like this.  Maybe it will someday if I keep expanding and working on it but something like this takes vision and creativity and I come up short in that department.  Luckily, there are lots of planning tools available and I'm gonna share one of my favorites that I have been using for the last three years.  Gardeners.com is the website of Gardener's Supply Company (you might have seen their catalog) and they are my favorite gardening guys.

They have a free kitchen garden interactive planning tool on their site under the Learn & Share tab that really works well.  You can plan your whole garden and then print it out, plus planting and harvesting information, and keep it handy for reference as the garden year goes along.  Works like a charm.  And while you are at their site, feel secure in buying from them.  Their service and quality can't be beat.

Now, to the QFC ad.  They are still running the Buy 5, Save $5 promo, so if you need anything from P&G, Kellogg's and Pepsi, now is the time to dig out those coupons and hit the triple whammy.  Also, load up those ecoupons from QFC's site.  I found some good ones this time.

Here is my list this week:

Franz Bread - BOGO
Rosarita Refried Beans - $1/16oz
Simple Truth Quinoa - $2.99/16oz
QFC Cottage Cheese - $1.79/24oz
Simple Truth Greek Yogurt - $1/5.3oz
Simple Truth Natural Cage Free Eggs - $2.50/doz
Nature Made Vitamins - BOGO
Softsoap Liquid Hand Soap - $ .88/ea
Fresh Alaska True Cod Fillets - $6.99/lb
Eggplant - $1/ea
Colored Peppers - $1/ea
Red Grapefruit - $3.99/5lb bag
Zucchini/Yellow Squash - $1.25/lb
Primroses - $1/ea

It is time for a little color in these gray days and primroses are so cheerful.  I'm going to plant mine in the big pot on my front porch.  They will go well with my Christmas wreath, don't you think??  And don't forget the Sluggo because they and their buddies, the snails, love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment